WOMAN IN
GOLD is the remarkable true story of one woman's journey to reclaim her
heritage and seek justice for what happened to her family. Sixty years after
she fled Vienna during World War II, an elderly Jewish woman, Maria Altmann
(Helen Mirren), starts her journey to retrieve family possessions seized by the
Nazis, among them Klimt's famous painting Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I.
Together with her inexperienced but plucky young lawyer Randy Schoenberg (Ryan
Reynolds), she embarks upon a major battle which takes them all the way to the
heart of the Austrian establishment and the U.S. Supreme Court, and forces her
to confront difficult truths about the past along the way.
I will tell
you now that it is PG-13 for theme and language-namely, but not namely, the bomb was dropped
which was frustrating and completely out of character. Now with those thoughts and
feelings being said I feel free to praise it highly.
The acting
is superb! Helen Mirren is just amazing and I was also impressed by Tatiana
Maslany’s performance. (No I did not know that name off the top of my head.
Thank you Google.) I think that “Woman in Gold” brings a new dimension to the
World War II genre. I will do my best to elaborate without spoiling the film
for any of you future watchers. Although, the movie is based on a true story so
I’m not sure how much I could spoil. “Woman in Gold” does a wonderful job of
revealing the fear and pain that happened long before the battlefields and the
concentration camps. There were many steps taken before those large additions
to the war. “Woman in Gold” also reveals some of the little known effects of
war. The dialogue is clever and engaging and the stories within the story is amazing. It’s a really beautiful film that leaves or give you plenty of food for
thought. In "Woman in Gold" I found the depth that I've been looking for in modern films.There are many levels to go over and into for yourself. I highly recommend it for
both the history and the truth found in the movie.
Again, be
aware of the language and the need for the PG-13 rating.
Yours truly,
Cordy

No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me whatcha thinkin!
If your comment doesn't appear immediately don't worry! I moderate my comments so check back in a few days and you might find it!
Don't misunderstand my moderating. I am trying to contain and avoid unsavory comments and spammers. This does not include those who disagree with me, only those that are unable to state their disagreement agreeably. I have already said that I would enjoy different opinions.
So please, do comment!
P.S. I don't mind comments on old posts. :D