Monday, November 16, 2015

Christmas Music Tag (Part 1): Ice Skating Music

Christmas music is the first sign of Christmas for me and the easiest way for me to get into the Christmas spirit. Once I start to hear Christmas music it's like all the other magical aspects of the season come into focus. It is with these thoughts in mind that I have created, or would like to start, this three part Christmas Music Tag. I want to share some of my favorites as well as learn some of yours! The rules are easy and as follows:
  1. Link back to the person who tagged you
  2. List up to five holiday songs that meet the current category (for today, 'ice skating')
  3. Tag up to five other bloggers and let them know that you have done so
Now, that doesn't look so bad now does it? Let's begin.
 
Since some of you might believe that Christmas music can't be played until after a certain date...(fiddle-faddle) I have started with the category that can cover 'winter music' not just Christmas music. I have found that whenever I go ice skating they never seem to play fitting Christmas tunes. Leastwise, not my favorites. Therefore, let us create an approved list shall we?
 
 
 
These top two picks are from my childhood. They have been around for as long as I can remember. :)

#1 Happy Holidays-Andy Williams



#2 Santa Claus is Coming to Town-Michael Bolton



 
These other two songs have come later.

#3 Last Christmas-Brooke White



#4 Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)-Michael Bublé




And for a fun instrumental pick...

#5 Good King Wenceslas-The Piano Guys



Hopefully as I reveal my other two genres we will have explored all aspects of Christmas from the magic of Santa Claus to the majesty of Jesus Christ's birth.

I tag:
Miss March from Sunshiny Corner
Natalie from Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens
Olivia from Meanwhile. in Rivendell...
Phoebe from The Storybook Journal (Because I know that awhile back you said you weren't tagged and wanted to be...so, here you are. :))
Miss E from Letters from Avonlea

And if you want to be tagged then go for it! Leave a comment so that I can check out your picks!

I hope you are all excited and stay 'tuned' (literally!) for the next two Christmas music installments!

Happy Holidays!
Cordy

P.S. I apologize for the formatting. It is driving me crazy that my videos are to the side while my pictures are centered. But I didn't like the look of the pictures to the side and I can't get my videos to center. :/ So, again, I apologize for the funky layout.


11 comments:

  1. Aww. This is a very cool idea, Cordy. I recognize the Happy Holidays song from the movie Holiday Inn (have you ever seen that movie?), only the words were changed in the movie to fit with the story...so it's a little bit different. The tune is the same, though. I really like that one. :)

    I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this tag or not, because (to be honest) I'm HORRIBLE at classifying music. I know there are tons of songs I like, but I hardly ever narrow them down to favorites; so when it comes to telling someone else what kind of music I like, I'm pretty much a blank. :/ I can never remember specific songs...let alone the titles!

    So...I'm afraid I may have to pass on this one. Sorry, Cordy. I hate doing that, but I really don't think I can mange it properly. Thank you for tagging me, though! :) I'll look forward to following this tag as a reader and seeing what lovely songs everyone else comes up with! Can you believe we're almost into the Christmas season already? This year went by way too fast!

    ~Miss March

    P.S. About the formatting, I totally understand how you feel. Those kind of things drive me crazy, too! I like everything to be in order and lined up correctly, and it frustrates me to no end when I KNOW I should be able to do it, and yet I can't because the computer is being ornery. Computers are so frustrating sometimes! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen Holiday Inn! "Shortcut"...later on in the movie, "shortcut to the shortcut!" :) I usual watch it around the holidays with my grandparents. :)

      Please don't worry! I meant this to be a fun thing. That's why I tried not to say, list favorites, and I came up with these other categories. I don't want you stressing or feeling bad because of Christmas music! How backwards is that?! Hahaha! I totally understand that this isn't everyone's cup of tea. (Or hot cocoa as the season suggests...)

      I love that Christmas is upon us...even though it has come so FAST!

      ~Cordy

      P.S. An 'ornery' computer...exactly! I have one too! :D

      Delete
    2. Haha! We quote that part all the time! "Shortcut...to the shortcut!" :D

      "Or hot cocoa as the season suggests" Heehee. (I like that.)

      Thanks for being so understanding, Cordy. You're so sweet. :)

      ~Miss March

      Delete
    3. When they are searching for Ted's 'new partner' so the manager has to get a look at the ladies from behind! :D I love that scene.

      Why thank you Miss March, so are you.

      ~Cordy

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for tagging me, Cordy! I'm going to decline for now, though-I hope you don't mind!

    Oh, I too grew up hearing Andy William's version of "Happy Holidays"....I love it!

    Ah, and the piano guys! They're definitely a favorite as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I just told Miss March, I'm fine with those who don't do the tag. I just had to start with tagging some bloggers! Please don't feel bad about it! I hope you enjoy the other posts that come just the same!

      I really love Andy Williams' Christmas album in general...it's my mom's fav so that might have something to do with it. ;)

      I am somewhat alone in my family for liking The Piano Guys. You have good taste. Hahaha

      Delete
    2. Cordy,
      Oh, good! I'm glad you don't mind! :)

      Heehee, really?? How funny-thanks, you do too! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh me, oh my, I just realized an awful thing... I don't ice skate.... ever... .at all. So I wouldn't know a THING about Christmas Ice Skating music stuff, you know? Do you think a person like me could just do regular Christmas music..............?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Cordy! I'm excited about this one:D But like Phoebe, I don't ice skate at all, so I guess I'll just post some of the newer Christmas music instead of the traditional hymns/carols? Anyway, this'll be fun:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was going for, so, that sounds great! I can't wait to see what you share!

      Delete

Tell me whatcha thinkin!

If your comment doesn't appear immediately don't worry! I moderate my comments so check back in a few days and you might find it!

Don't misunderstand my moderating. I am trying to contain and avoid unsavory comments and spammers. This does not include those who disagree with me, only those that are unable to state their disagreement agreeably. I have already said that I would enjoy different opinions.

So please, do comment!

P.S. I don't mind comments on old posts. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...