A scene with a traveler arriving home in book or film
I've found that I am rather partial to reunions of any kind. And the idea of arriving or returning home is much the same, if not the same, thing. With all that being said, my pick is from the 1998 Parent Trap movie. If you want to avoid spoilers, you shouldn't read the rest of this post. I'm spoiling! Haha.
Picture, if you will, a divorced couple who have both led successful lives following their divorce. One lives in California while the other lives in London. Basically leaving them in two separate worlds. Besides sharing two daughters, they have forgotten what they might have had or lost. Until. . . their daughters arrange for their meeting. And, (shock) those feelings that first split them don't seem as strong as the love they still carry for the other. Welcome to the Parent Trap!
Draw another picture in you mind for me. It's raining, why? Because it's a farewell scene and rain makes everything better. :) Deciding the 'best' thing to do is return to the worlds they both know, Elizabeth James and Nick Parker, are separating their family once more with different arrangements for their twin daughters. So it rains, Annie and her mother Elizabeth return to England and Grandfather, wandering the house after the arrival home they come across Hallie in grandfather's chair. Did you know some planes travel faster than others? Hallie shares that bit of information with her mother and there is little time for processing when---------Nick walks through the door. He hadn't followed Elizabeth once, but he wasn't going to make that mistake again!
The scene, I am telling you, is beautiful and perfect and just what you want for this kind of story!! It will make you so happy!
Trench coats, rain, and romance! Oh my!
Yours truly,
Cordy


Oh! What a great selection! And you wrote it out so well. You're making me want to see this movie. :)
ReplyDeleteYou should, you should!! :D Have you seen the older Parent Trap? Or did I just spoil every part of the storyline?
DeleteNope. I've seen the Disney version. So you didn't spoil anything. :)
DeleteI really need to watch this movie!
ReplyDeleteI agree!
DeleteI like it when the Mom and Dad come back together in the Parent Trap! I haven't seen the 1998 version, though, only the one with Haley Mills. Is the 1998 version worth watching?
ReplyDeleteOh yes, it's very worth it! I haven't ever compared the two versions but I like them both for different reasons. :D So, if you like the story, you'll probably like this remake.
DeleteIf you do get to watch it, you'll have to tell me what you think!
Ok. When I watch the newer version, I'll tell you! :-)
Delete"We actually did it!" :)
ReplyDelete:D YES!
Delete