![]() |
| The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Belle, Lord of the Rings |
Holy cow, we are living in the year 2017. I can scarce believe it! No really, I can't. Hahaha. Sooo, I'm still not as free as I'd like to be but life has slowed the smallest bit for now and I'll steal some time for a post while I can. As I've done with previous new looks, here's a peek inside me life.
- Christmas. *contented sigh* How was your Christmas? Mine was marvelous! I did work on Christmas Eve which was a little upsetting to me, I'm not going to lie. It felt very strange but I tried to focus on the people I was helping and then return home in time for Christmas Eve dinner. I received Sarah Plain and Tall and Skylark for Christmas and sang I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day in church. What could be better than that?? :D What was the best gift you received for Christmas?
- Alright, work...We have our Valentines and Easter out. Easter, people? I guess that's the risk of working at a seasonal store. :D And I can gift wrap now. That may sound uneventful but if you knew me in person you would know that if I gave you a gift it would come in a bag. My wrapping was disgraceful. Now, I am rather skilled in the task. (That is, so long as you don't want me to wrap a box, a card, and some chocolate together without combining them in a proper box... Yes, I've had to do that and it looked bizarre. :P)
- I'm really looking forward to the new year. While I was designing my first 2017 blog look I was really trying to go for an adventure theme. I'm thrilled for this new year and I don't know why because I've never been one for making goals before...
- I've seen Moana. While I had points in the movie where I was just lost and wasn't enjoying it one bit (a certain crab scene), :P I really did like the movie. Particularly, this song: I liked the music in general.
- Sticking with the movie theme, as I always seem too, I have also seen Rogue One. I don't know how much more will come on this subject. There were several parts, or more characters, that I surprisingly liked. I went into the movie with all kinds of low expectations so I suppose it was something of a pleasant surprise.
- There is a TON of snow at my house. Probably just short of two feet of it. It dumped on us last week and has made every yard beautiful and every road treacherous. Haha, You can't have one without the other I suppose.
Well, that about covers it. Hope your January went well!!
Yours truly,
Cordy

I LOVE the look! Very adventurous-looking. I love it.
ReplyDeleteAnd sounds like your life has been busy and fun! Glad you had a good Christmas!
I lover the new look!
ReplyDeleteHow cool! I'm glad your 2017 has been busy. Me too.
One of my favorite things I got for christmas was a book of Sherlock Holmes mysterys. Yay!!!
I absolutely love your new look Cordy!! And the golden background, sigh...
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, but I have something with gold, I don't know why, but I love the colour.
I am also looking forward to this new year.
You got snow??!!!! I'm jealous right now, because here, in the Netherlands, we don't have snow. Not even a little bit. Here it's grey and boring.
I noticed the picture of Belle on your header. I must see that movie one day, people always say how good and lovely it is.
What do you know? I had to work on Christmas Eve, too. And oh, I totally comprehend your feelings! Upsetting is a very good word for it. *gives you a sympathetic handshake* Though, actually, it didn't upset me so much this year because I was fully expecting to have to work, and then I told myself "well, this way the day will go by quicker and then Christmas will be here all the sooner, right?" Heehee. ;) Sounds like you had a good attitude about it, my friend, despite its being a disappointment. And good point about focusing on the people you're helping rather than yourself. I say, Cordy! Good show!! *fist pump*
ReplyDeleteWould that be the movies of Sarah Plain and Tall and Skylark? I love those! :D
Ohhh, yes! I'm excited about the new year, too! There's fun and adventure in the air, I think. :)
I may have already said it but your new look is splendid!! As always. :)
Good to hear from you again! <3
~Miss March
Ooh, I love your new blog design! :)
ReplyDelete