The Questions for your copying ease:
1. Would you rather summer at Abbey Mill Farm with the Martins or spend the winter in London with your aunt and uncle?
2. Would you rather be carried away in the moment and insult someone in company or be overcome by horrid imaginings and have to confess your thoughts to someone you admire?
3. Would you rather marry Mr. Bingley or Robert Martin?
4. Would you rather tour the lake country or visit the seaside?
5. Would you rather entertain Miss Bates or Mr. Collins in conversations?
6. Would you rather sing a musical piece at a gathering while hiccuping every other line or take a great tumble while dancing?
7. Would you rather be deceived by Willoughby or Wickham?
8. Would you rather fall head over heels in love with a man who turns out to be engaged or fall for a man too busy loving someone else to notice you?
9. Would you rather ride in a carriage or upon a horse to an evening party?
10. Would you rather accept advice from Mrs. Weston or Elinor Dashwood?
11. Would you rather have as a companion Jane Fairfax or Charlotte Lucas?
Cordy's Answers:
1. Would you rather summer at Abbey Mill Farm with the Martins or spend the winter in London with your aunt and uncle?
I think it'd be awesome to spend the summer on a farm. It would be hot, but maybe I'd get used to it. (*Cordy rolls her eyes at herself*)
2. Would you rather be carried away in the moment and insult someone in company or be overcome by horrid imaginings and have to confess your thoughts to someone you admire?
I literally have no answer here. Both of these scenarios are perfectly terrifying and unimaginably mortifying! I guess I would have to confess. Then I would only be hurting myself and not insulting another. But even then, I'd rather avoid both!! I don't really confess anything to anybody, but I don't want to insult someone either. *scurries on to the next question*
3. Would you rather marry Mr. Bingley or Robert Martin?
I don't know. Since creating this game my answer has changed so often. Considering things now I don't know why I changed my mind though because I'm pretty sure I'd be happier with Robert. He's sweet and I'd prefer the farm life over a life of society.
![]() |
| Or, Mr. Knightley. I'd go with Mr. Knightley! ;) |
4. Would you rather tour the lake country or visit the seaside?
Seaside. At least THAT was an easy question for me.
5. Would you rather entertain Miss Bates or Mr. Collins in conversations?
Miss Bates, for she really has a good heart. I'd want to roll my eyes to often at Mr. Collins. That and I think very little work would be required on my part to keep a conversation going with Miss Bates. As conversation with me is very hit and miss, I'd appreciate her prattle.
6. Would you rather sing a musical piece at a gathering while hiccuping every other line or take a great tumble while dancing?
One tumble over multiple hiccups thank you very little, Cordy.
7. Would you rather be deceived by Willoughby or Wickham?
Why do I do this? I mean, there isn't a proper choice here. Both situations are at the very least humiliating and at the most outright frustrating. Hmm, let me choose between Jerk 1 and Jerk 2. I'll have to come back to this one. I'm back and still at a loss.. Grr, I'll go with Willoughby. :P He could be gone from my life but if I were Lizzy I'd have to deal with Wickham constantly and I could not endure that!
8. Would you rather fall head over heels in love with a man who turns out to be engaged or fall for a man too busy loving someone else to notice you?
I wouldn't be able to stand being ignored and then all of the sudden recognized by a man. That wouldn't seem like love to me. Both options are objectionable but I think I'd go with the man who was engaged. He was engaged before he met me. In the other situation, he was blind. I can't stand blind men. (I hope you readers understand that I mean blind in the mental sense, not the physical sense...)
![]() |
| I adore the colors here! |
9. Would you rather ride in a carriage or upon a horse to an evening party?
I'm in a dress so I suppose it really ought to be carriage. Hmm, yes, it must be a carriage. Although, I'd like to attempt riding sidesaddle sometime. I've heard it's difficult. . .so naturally I want to attempt it. ;D That makes no sense.
10. Would you rather accept advice from Mrs. Weston or Elinor Dashwood?
Elinor. Mrs. Weston is very kindhearted but I would need the straightforward sense from Elinor.
11. Would you rather have as a companion Jane Fairfax or Charlotte Lucas?
Both of them marry men that I can't respect so that's one strike against their judgement. Jane I suppose. I haven't got a clue why but I'll go with Jane.
So there you have the next installment of the Jane Austen Would You Rather.
Do enjoy yourselves!
Yours truly,
Cordy



Such a fun game! I hope you don't mind that I'm answering in the comments, I have 20 draft posts on my blog already! :/ Here we go! :)
ReplyDelete1.I have never liked big cities so I will go with the farm. :)
2.Yikes, I don't want to insult anyone, so I would have to confess. (Yikes, what would I be confessing?)
3.This is such a hard question! How in the world can I decide!? I guess I'll have to go with Mr. Martin. (IF I had gone with Mr. Bingley I would be going with the 1995 version! I couldn't stand the crazy red hair.)
4. Let's go with Seaside.
5. Miss Bates, I think we could be good friends.
6. I don't really sing well, so maybe hiccuping would improve it.
7. So I always thought that Willoughby was the worst, but you know, Wickham is the worst. So I'll go with Willoughby.
8. I agree with you Cordy, I'd have to go with already engaged, as long as I didn't know he was. (Cordy the pictures you put there, <3)
9. Well, if I rode a horse, it could rain, then I would get ill then I would miss out on dancing but have to stay the night. I'll go with the carriage.
10. I am Elinor, so we would just be saying the same things and not getting anywhere, so I'll go with Mrs. Weston to provide a different point of view.
11. Jane, I have always thought that she needs a good friend, someone to protect her from Frank Churchill's comments.
Thank you so much for such a fun game Cordy! Also, I love your new look (as always)!
No, go right ahead. (Oh good. You did. ;)) I know the feeling of growing drafts. I've got around 30 drafts of my own. Oops. Now, I just need to finish a few rather than add to the list. ;P
Delete2. I had to ask myself the same question. What would I have to confess??
3. INDEED. In my eyes there is only the one Bingley.
6. Bahaha. Okay, your answer caught me off guard. You're hilarious, MovieCritic.
8. Yup, falling for a man if you know he's engaged is just setting yourself up for disaster. It's better not to know--and better than that if he breaks it off! ;D I'm kidding.
Thanks for your answers and for your kind words!
~Cordy
Hi, Cordy! I found your blog through others, and I have to say it's a lovely spot you've got here.
ReplyDeleteThis is such an awesome game! Mind if I join in and do this one and the first one on my Jane Austen-themed blog?:D
Welcome, Elanor!
DeleteThank you very much. :D
By all means, please play and enjoy!
Here are my answer: https://austenwannabe.blogspot.com/2017/06/cordys-jane-austen-would-you-rather.html
Delete:)
How fun Cordy! Can't wait to do this! I'll link you to the post as soon as I publish it!
ReplyDeleteThankyou Cordy this game was so much fun!
ReplyDeletehttp://notesfromahartfieldgirl.blogspot.com/
~Miss Woodhouse
Such a fun game Cordy dear! I enjoyed it a lot. :)
ReplyDeleteHere are my answers: https://1agirlsplace.blogspot.nl/2017/06/would-you-rather-jane-austen-2nd-edition.html
Oh goodness I love it!!! I so want to do it but I haven't the time. Not even in the comments. :( But I so enjoyed your answers! Heehee, it was somewhat amusing to find that Cordy herself has trouble answering her impossible questions! Makes me feel a little better. :p
ReplyDeleteI also did a post with my answers: http://catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com/2017/06/would-you-rather-jane-austen-ii.html
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
Catherine
catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com
These questions are so fun, Cordy!! I won't be using them for a blog post, but Miss March and I have a video in the works from our visit together and....well, let's just say you'll be hearing our answers to your game in that. ;D
ReplyDelete