Friday, December 15, 2017

Winter Wonderland Tag

Amaris, at The Storybook Journal, tagged me for her Winter Wonderland Tag. Here goes nothin'.

Tag Rules:
  • Link back to The Storybook Journal 
  • Answer the questions; think Winter-y thoughts! Include pictures, if you like.
  • Tag at least 3 other bloggers, or more if you're feeling ambitious. :)

Questions:


1. Name a few things you love about Winter and a few things you don't love so much about it.

I LOVE fresh snow and snowfall in general! It makes everything look so clean and enchanting. At the same time, it makes driving dangerous and dirty snow just makes everything look...dirty.

I like the cold. I'm one of those people who can rarely cool off so, winter is lovely for me. :D

Cuter clothes. I think I have a better winter wardrobe than summer wardrobe. (I just bought the cutest pair of boots not too long ago.)

2. When you were a child, did you "believe" in Santa Claus?

What do you mean "when I was a child"? What kind of a question is that anyway? Of course, I believe in Santa. Pfft, what a question.

"Told you he was real."
3. Is there a book or movie that you really love to read in the Winter as opposed to other times of year?

Well I mean, White Christmas is a family favorite and a must watch every year. :) And there's the classic, Christmas Carol..anyone?

4. Is there a particular Christmas movie that you watch EVERY year as a tradition?

Yes. At the very first of December, my aunts and uncles and their families gather at my house and we watch White Christmas too kick off the season. :D

5. Do you usually get a real tree or a fake tree for Christmas? Who's in charge of decorating it at your house?

Ours is an authentic fake. Haha. We had real trees when I was little but it took a fall one year and we've never had a fresh one since. Umm, doesn't everyone decorate the Christmas tree? I'm serious. It's always been a tradition at my house that all of us participate in decorating the tree.


6. Does your family usually stay home or go visiting (relatives, friends, etc.) on Christmas Day?


Probably a mix of both. There isn't a "set" schedule on Christmas day.

7. What does your family usually do on New Years Eve? Any traditions? Do you ever stay up till midnight?

We'll probably play some games. And some of us can make it until midnight, while others might just doze off before the big event. :D

8. Do you get snow where you live? If so, have you ever built a snowman and named him Olaf?

Usually though umm, can't say that I've ever built a snowman named Olaf. But I HAVE built a snowman...does that mean I get half points?

9. If it's snowing outside, would you prefer to go outside and build snowmen and enjoy it, or would you rather stay inside with a blanket and something hot to drink and maybe a movie or a book?

If I'm being honest then I must admit that I'm snuggled in a blanket and depending on how cold I am, I might have some hot cocoa enjoying a movie or two. 

10. When do you start looking forward to or getting excited about Spring?

About February. At that point, the snow is ugly and I'm done driving in it. 


Thanks for the tag, Amaris!

Let me think, who do I want to tag...

If they be willing, I tag:
Rae
Miss March
Rosie McCann
Erudessa

Here are the questions for your copying ease:

1. Name a few things you love about Winter, and a few things you don't love so much about it.
2. When you were a child, did you "believe" in Santa Claus?
3. Is there a book or movie that you really love to read in the Winter as opposed to other times of year?
4. Is there a particular Christmas movie that you watch EVERY year as tradition?
5. Do you usually get a real tree or a fake tree for Christmas? Who's in charge of decorating it at your house?
6. Does your family usually stay home or go visiting (relatives, friends, etc.) on Christmas Day?
7. What does your family usually do on New Years Eve? Any traditions? Do you ever stay up till midnight?
8. Do you get snow where you live? If so, have you ever built a snowman and named him Olaf?
9. If it's snowing outside, would you prefer to go outside and build snowmen and enjoy it, or would you rather stay inside with a blanket and something hot to drink and maybe a movie or a book?
10. When do you start looking forward to or getting excited about Spring?

Merry Christmas, readers!

Yours truly,
Cordy

13 comments:

  1. I agree, winter is the time to be curled up in a blankie with hot tea and a book/movie. Oooh, White Christmas is my favorite Christmas movie too!!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! The very best!! :D
      Is it really?! I feel like I'm the only one who thinks so. I always see "It's a Wonderful Life" make the favorites list but I feel like "White Christmas" is often overlooked.

      I hope you had a merry Christmas, Catherine!

      Delete
  2. My dear friend! What impeccable timing you've got! I was just wishing for a nice Christmas-y tag! Thank you so much!! I will definitely try and fill this one out soon. :)

    Now. A few comments on your answers.

    Yes! I love those beautiful, enchanting-type snowfalls. We've actually had a couple of them this month already! Which has been cool. But yes, the after effects are not quite so charming. Especially if one has to travel anywhere. If only snow fell in patterns, landing only on the grass and keeping the roads and driveways completely clean. Wouldn't that be awesome? Heehee. :D

    "Authentic fake" haha!! That made me smile. :D This is actually quite funny. My family did things the opposite way. We always had a fake tree when I was a kid and now we always have a real one.

    Everyone decorates the tree? Uh no. Not I. I mean, I'll put some of my ornaments on if I HAVE to but someone else can do the lights. With my full blessing. Haha. :) The way you decorate sounds so festive and fun though!! We're much more haphazard about the whole thing. I confess, I get really lazy about the whole thing. It just seems like so much work when it's all going to come down again in a few short weeks. (Still, I do appreciate the decorating once it's done. ;))

    That gif! I was literally JUST looking at that gif the other day. I was looking up Chip 'n Dale gifs for my last post but decided not to use any of them after all. So funny to see that one appear in your post. Methinks we have similar taste. (But then, methought that before too. :)) ("Methought isn't a word, is it? ;))

    Thanks again for the tag! This should be fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read your answers...and I think I left a comment...didn't I? I will have to double check. :D

      I wish I could say the same! Thankfully, we did manage to have a white Christmas, however that snow is long gone now. I'm really missing the snow this year!! YES! Someone needs to get snow into that training program. I pick you. Hahaha.

      I barely know what to say to all this. ;) I can't even imagine not helping decorate the tree. I DO understand wanting to avoid the lights...not my thing. But hanging ornaments and such can't be all bad. :D

      You must be kidding! That's awesome!! But now I'm wishing you'd made the post and included the other gifs... Some other time I hope, right? Well, I think "methought" was a word...my spellcheck isn't freaking out...soooo, that still doesn't mean it's right but still. Let's go with it, shall we? And yes, naturally we have similar tastes, we are simply that skilled. :)

      *classic hobbit bow*

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on #9. ;D

    And your winter look is lovely, as always! I need to rewatch White Christmas. :) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia!
      How have you been? Did you have a lovely Christmas?
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
    2. I've been great, thanks! Preparing to go back to school in a few days, but I've had a really nice break. :) And you? What have you been up to? And yes, Christmas was lovely, thank you! How was yours?

      Happy New Year!!

      Delete
    3. Mostly work. Right now we're trying to put the store back together from Christmas. But, my hours are being cut as we go back to normal scheduling so I hope to get back to my writing and to more reading!!

      My Christmas was sooo nice. :D

      Good luck with this new school year!!

      Delete
  4. Fun tag! I just might snurch this.

    White Christmas is one of my absolute favorite movies. I'm so excited that TCM and Fathom events have it on their list for showing on big screens next year! Totally taking my kids to that.

    Everyone should decorate the tree. I mean, I guess if they don't want to, they shouldn't have to, but I've heard of families where only the grownups or only the kids get to decorate, and that seems so unfair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT??!! I DID NOT KNOW THIS!!! I will have to look into this as soon as possible!! Thank you for sharing!! Fingers crossed a theatre near me will have it...hmmm...

      I'm with you. If someone doesn't want to, that's fine. However, putting rules on who can and can't--now that's just not right. ;)

      Delete
    2. I hope you can find a theater showing them! Check out the Fathom Events website, and you should be able to find out the nearest participating theater thru it.

      Delete
  5. Love your answers!
    (Also: of course Santa is real! What a question!)

    Thanks for tagging me!! I think I'll pass on this one as it is rather Christmassy and Christmas is over, but thank you just the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? There is only ONE answer for that question. :D
      Thanks, Rae.
      I totally understand. Seasonal tags are hard because you have a small window to fill them out in.
      Happy New Year!!

      Delete

Tell me whatcha thinkin!

If your comment doesn't appear immediately don't worry! I moderate my comments so check back in a few days and you might find it!

Don't misunderstand my moderating. I am trying to contain and avoid unsavory comments and spammers. This does not include those who disagree with me, only those that are unable to state their disagreement agreeably. I have already said that I would enjoy different opinions.

So please, do comment!

P.S. I don't mind comments on old posts. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...