Surprise!
(I mean, what would a party be without a surprise?)
So I actually changed my mind and decided to fill the tag out after all. But not only did I want to answer the questions, I wanted my sister to join in on the fun as well. (Some of you might remember my sister from the answers she gave to my Lord of the Rings Tag...)
Anyway, my answers will be in green and Anne's will be in blue. I hope this is a wee bit entertaining for you. Ohhhh, annnnd beware of spoilers...
Ivanhoe and Rebecca: Name a couple that should have been together
Jyn and Cassian, it's not that I don't think they were a couple, I just feel bad that their story as a couple is so tiny.
Estella and Pip. To have them go through THAT much and to not have a PROPER happy ending?! All they have is a wise conversation about how foolish they've been! It's maddening!!
I guess Anne didn't like the vague Great Expectations ending...I just don't like Great Expectations. :)
Jo and Laurie: Name a couple that should have stayed friends...or did stay friends...
Mr. Holbrook and Miss Mattie *moaning* OOoh, he wasn't supposed to dieeee!
Polly and Sydney from An Old-Fashioned Girl. Admittedly, I have a small crush on Sydney. It's not to the extent that he should have ended up with Polly but I just like how gentlemanly he is. :)
Jane and Mr. Rochester: Name a couple that looked like the chances of a happily ever after were next to none!
Arwen and Aragorn...things looked bleak there for a bit.
Darcy and Lizzy whew, she nearly let him get away, and then he nearly let her get away...*scowling* and Lydia was in the middle of all of it. Thank you, Wickham. Thank goodness they put their pride and their prejudices in their pockets and made up.
Jane and Mr. Bingley: Name a couple that is just sooo happy!
Rosie Cotton and Samwise Gamgee! They are just sooooo adorable and happy!!
Anne iiiisss...still thinking...
Kit and Ella: Name your favorite fairytale couple
*scoffing* Kit and Ella! You can't tell me I can't choose them.
So Kit and Ella are my favorite live-action fairytale couple but Aurora and Phillip are my FAVORITE fairytale couple! :D
Molly Gibson and Roger Hamley: Name a couple where the woman is basically ignored by the suitor until the end of the story (frustration at it's finest!! :P :P)
I could honestly list so many couples for this category but I'm going with Edmund and Fanny.
Anne and Captain Wentworth--cause who likes those stories?
Sarah and Jacob Witting: Name a couple that found love later in life
Awwww, Mr. and Mrs. Weston from Emma.
Aunt Polly and Dr. Chilton from Pollyanna. They had a little bit of a tough love dynamic as well which just illustrates how perfect they are for one another. That doesn't sound harsh, does it? I'm more looking at the fact that sometimes you need someone to just tell you the truth, no matter how hard that might be.
Don Lockwood and Kathy Seldon: Name a couple from a musical
Mary Poppins and Bert. Yes, they count as a couple even though there are only small hints of romance between the two.
Elphaba and Fiyero from Wicked. Sad couple. Just, pitiful really...
Anne and Gilbert: Name a couple that didn't start out on the right foot
Princess Mia and "Lord" Nicholas from The Princess Diaries 2. I mean, she literally stamps on his foot and uses him as a mattress as she launches out of her window... Oh, and bless the maids who save the day. I need some maids.
Margaret and Mr. Thornton. It does bother me how extreme they make their first meeting in the movie because the book wasn't so violent. But I digress.
Faramir and Eowyn: Name a couple with the sweetest love story
Sir Percy and Marguerite, 'nough said.
Yeah, I agree...well, after Faramir and Eowyn, that is. ;) <3
Just a quick note here before I sign off, please make sure that you've left all party related links in this post so I can include them in the party link-up on the 28th. Don't forget to vote on the poll and thank you so much for reading all these posts this month! Hope you have a wonderful day!! :D
Yours truly,
Cordy
P.S. My blog has been preventing me from replying to comments. (And I've been having a hard time leaving comments as well.) I've been dealing with a lot of weather issues so I'm placing the blame there. But, I am trying to reply to and post comments. It just might take time and go little by little. Sorry for the technical issue right in the middle of our party!



I really hate how they do Margaret and Mr. Thornton's first meeting in the miniseries! So unnecessary! Love your answers though! I can't believe didn't think of Mr. and Mrs. Weston! Such a great couple!
ReplyDeleteMe too! It's sooo wrong!
DeleteI thought the same thing. ;) How did I space them?
- Estella & Pip! Yes! I so wanted them to have a happy ending together. Anne is right--it WAS quite maddening.
ReplyDelete- Oh my goodness, I can't believe I didn't think of Rosie and Sam! They are so cute. <3
- Love that you mentioned Mr. and Mrs. Weston--perfect choice for that category.
- Haha, I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Elphaba and Fiyero...
This has been such a fun party so far, Cordy! (By the way, my Mr. Knightley & Emma post is coming. I had a bit of a relentless headache all weekend and couldn't bring myself to finish it. Therefore it will be a little late...sorry about that.)
Hehehe, the story was so messed up in my mind, I couldn't even have strong feelings either way. Isn't that awful of me?
DeleteAren't they?! *clapping*
Anne get's the points for that one.
So does Anne! Haha, so I was surprised when they were her pick.
I saw your post and it was excellent! Thanks for fighting off a headache for the sake of the party. ;) I hope you're feeling better now...almost a month later...oops.
1. As much I wanted Jyn and Cassian together (and yes, they belonged together), I doubt think they could be considered so. However, I think that was more because they really knew they couldn’t at least right then, and then I think they knew they weren’t going to make it.
ReplyDelete2. I have to say, I think Estella and Pip shouldn’t have ended up together. She was so unworthy of him.
3. Polly and Sydney. Yes, since Polly and Tom are one of my favorite couples!
4. I just thought of another one for this (actually these type of loves stories happen a lot in L. M. Montgomery books) Uncle Klondike and Aunt Marigold.
5. Ah Lord Nicholas, how adorably, hilariously obnoxious he is.
1. Wouldn't that be awful? To be on an impossible mission with someone you were just beginning to know and love?! That would stink! :P
Delete2. I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I can understand where you're coming from, but I don't admire Pip enough to feel very defensive about him.
3. <3 <3 <3
4. Huh, I never noticed that, you're so right.
5. Indeed. *eyeroll*
I'm reading the LotR for the first time, and I've only read the first book, so yes there were spoilers for me. But IT'S GOOD because now I will be even more motivated to keep reading. :D (Sam gets married?! AaAH!!!) (And Arwen? Is she the "hot, skilled" lady my friend told me there would be a little romance with? But I shall see. Don't answer that. :D)
ReplyDeletePolly and Sydney, yes, I didn't even think of them! Sydney is such a perfect gentleman, I like him very much too. Not for Polly, but I like him. :D
I love and agree with so many of yours and Anne's answers!
It was fun to see yours and your sister's answers; I'm glad you decided to do this!!
BAHHHHH!! SORRY!! *clapping* BUT I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!! Oh, I hope you like them! Hahaha, well...umm, I'm not even sure I could answer you because I'm not sure I know which gal we're talking about here. I can only say I know there are skill and attractive women in LotR. :D
DeleteI do, really like him, but like we said, not with Polly. Polly and Tom all the way!
Then you have good taste. ;)
Me too! Thanks!
Believe it or not, I just got around to reading this now. (I'M SO BEHIND!!!)
ReplyDeleteThis was really fun. I like it when your sister joins you for a post. :D
Polly and Sydney. Yes! Definitely good just as friends. I agree!
"Anne iiiisss...still thinking..." Heehee. That's one long thought there, Anne. ;)
Cordy, you did an amazing job on this party. Well done!! You're definitely going to have to do it again next year if you have the time. :D
~Miss March
Pfft, this is Cordy. Cordy is chill about delayed post readings. She's fine... *Tigger hugs you* I've missed you!! <3
DeleteHaha, me too. It's always a fun challenge for me to try and accurately explain her answers.
*nodding* right?
I've asked her that question since this posted, she's still thinking! Hahaha
Maybe if I start the prep now... *gets distracted while concocting a list of posts to do for next year*
Thanks for reading!!! I think the party was a great success!!
~Cordy
-I agree, what about Estella and Pip? The book just ended!
ReplyDelete-Darcy and Lizzy, <3. It was looking bleak!
-Kit and Ella, and Aroura and Phillip are both so good!!!
-NOOOO!!! I don't like "Lord" Nicholas. Not at all. I actually don't like any character that Chris Pine plays...
Anyway, great party Cordy! :D
Let's just say, it's not a favorite ending by ANY means. ;P
DeleteIndeed.
My sister and I thought so. Hahaha.
Have you seen Wonder Woman, by chance? You might like him in that movie...
Thank you, my friend!
I just watched Wonder Woman for the first time last night... and he was still a little annoying. But that's just my personal taste.
Delete:D