Isn't it romantic to be serenaded?
NAH-UH! Not even a little bit. I've actually had a guy sing in my ear, and I'm NOT a fan. In fact, while I'm thinking about it, I've had a few guys sing to me and it wasn't romantic it was frightfully uncomfortable! :P Hahaha.
Isn't it romantic to have pet names for each other?
I'm not sure if I'd be able to use any pet names myself. Calling someone honey or babe, just seems out of character for me. And I can only think of one phrase that I'm attached to in reference to me. I grew up watching Perry Mason with my grandpa and I always loved how Paul greeted Della with "hello beautiful". It's kind of stuck with me and I still really like it.
![]() |
| Their friendship was one of the main things I loved about the show. |
Isn't it romantic if he wants you to look him in the eye?
Boy is that a complicated question. I've explained before about how I feel about eye contact. It's rather an intimate thing for me simply because it leaves you open and vulnerable so you really have to trust someone to look them in the eye. At least I do. So, yes, it's romantic in my mind. But really terrifying and I probably won't do it. Just sayin'.
Isn't it romantic to be carried across the threshold?
Nope! I don't want to be carried anywhere because I just feel like that's awful and I don't want to hurt you. It's just awkward and you have to angle it just right to fit through the door--it's just a mess.
Isn't it romantic to receive flowers and chocolates?
YES! It's a simple gesture of "thinking of you" that I think is sweet. (In more ways than one if there are chocolates. ;)) Although I would prefer flowers.
Isn't it romantic to get caught in the rain?
I suppose. It could be cold but it can also turn into a fun little memory for the two of you/us. (I don't know what tense I'm writing in...)
Isn't it romantic to dance?
I wish it could be. Like truly wish it was still a thing. Dancing today isn't really what it used to be but, still. A little ballroom dancing is rather romantic in my mind. And this gif just comes to mind every single time. Which is why I have to share it at every chance I get. ;) I mean, how can you not think this is adorable?!
Isn't it romantic if he asks for your parent's permission to marry you?
Ok, no and here's why. Your family would know his intentions before you did. I mean, sure if you're serious enough for him to be asking your parent's permission you've probably discussed it between the two of you. As in, yes you should definitely have already discussed it between the two of you. (Obviously, Mr. Collins was in error. If he'd asked Lizzy first instead of her mother, some embarrassment could have been avoided.) But I want it to be official between "us" before my family knows. Spoiler alert anybody?! So I'm too selfish to worry about that tradition I guess. Hahaha.
Isn't it romantic to be rescued?
In so many ways. It's romantic to be rescued and protected and shielded. For me, it's relief of being in charge. While I know I need to have the ability to rescue and protect myself it's really nice when a man steps in to help. And you don't have to be in physical danger, do we all remember how Mr. Knightley "saved" Harriet?! So cute!! And therefore yes, being rescued is romantic.
Isn't it romantic to stargaze?
I've never experienced this personally, well I mean I've never stargazed with anyone. I've stargazed and I love it. The fact that I consider stargazing something best done in silence that yes, it can be romantic because if I can't be comfortably silent with someone, we aren't meant to be. So if we're stargazing, in my mind, it's a companionable silence that I think would be romantic. However, until I actually do anything like this, I just don't know. Maybe I'll get back to you sometime. ;)
Okay, yes, I do like this tag. I had quite a lot of fun and I hope, if you haven't already, you'll consider filling it out because I'd love to see your answers! :D
Yours truly,
Cordy


Haha! Your answer to the first question. xD Dear, oh, dear, that IS uncomfortable.
ReplyDeleteAwww, "hello, beautiful" sounds adorable. Sweet and simple. <3
That Sleeping Beauty gif! I think your blog was where I started to become interested in giving that movie another try, and when I recently did I enjoyed it! So I have you to thank. ;)
You and I have the same thoughts for a lot of these! I love how Mr. Knightley "rescued" Harriet! <3
ReplyDeleteI like 'hello beautiful' or 'hello anything' - it always sounds so friendly to me.
ReplyDeleteI do like the dances in 'sleeping beauty.'
ah mr. knightley, not all rescue needs to be heroic, just little gestures is good enough for me.
have a lovely day.