Monday, April 14, 2025

Handful of Movies it Would be a Crime Not to Know

Everyone has those hidden gem movies that more people should know about. So, I'm going to share mine with you because the image below is how I feel when I learn you haven't heard of or seen these.



1. What a Girl Wants

Totally works as a chick flick pick, without the off colored moments that might cause an eye roll or frustrations that seem to be typical for the genre. Has cute daddy-daughter moments, with some innocent romance thrown in between a few different parties. Would be totally safe to watch with the whole family.


2. The Rescuer's (yes the Disney movie and no not the down under one)

Back when Disney could have such things, there was a beautiful teaching on faith, one of the main character prays, and it's just one of those wholesome feel-good movies that is very underrated.


3. The Happiest Millionaire

Keeping with the heartwarmers here, this is a coming-of-age film done right. There is a father that must accept his children are ageing out of his home, though not out of his care, and a daughter wanting to break free, but not entirely. Throw in some alligators and a good-natured Irish butler and cook what more do you need?


4. Shane

Even if you are NOT a western person (like me) you need to watch this one. Not especially as kid friendly, but teenagers and above would be safe. There are great moments of men having an honor code among men, some masterful storytelling when it comes to the foul play and the mind games. Just a truly iconic classic that is going to be forgotten.


5. Sarah Plain and Tall & Skylark

I'm sneaking in two here because after you finish the one, you need to go right to the next one. These movies are pure comfort movies. They explore true relationships with the ups and the downs and all the inbetweens. They are good for your soul with some eccentric aunts, races in the moonlight, and some front porch singing. You won't regret hearing the music either.

So, who knows all of these, and who just added one or two to your watch list?

Yours truly,
Cordy {Samantha Elisabeth}

6 comments:

  1. Yes to all! (That is, I haven't actually watched The Happiest Millionaire or Shane, though THM is on my to-watch list, but I have several friends who love them both.) What a Girl Wants is particularly underrated! So silly but so cute and sweet at the same time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So happy you agree and that you are perusing the others as time and motivation allow. I find the silliness is what makes the film. It adds that extra something that just works! (You won't find me saying that about all silly movies though...)

      Delete
  2. I actually thought Rescuers Down Underwas better than the 1st one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a common opinion I run across honestly. Most of my coworkers have only seen Down Under actually. Sad day for me, haha.

      Delete
  3. Well, I've seen half of these! I guess I need to add a few to my movie list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha thinkin!

If your comment doesn't appear immediately don't worry! I moderate my comments so check back in a few days and you might find it!

Don't misunderstand my moderating. I am trying to contain and avoid unsavory comments and spammers. This does not include those who disagree with me, only those that are unable to state their disagreement agreeably. I have already said that I would enjoy different opinions.

So please, do comment!

P.S. I don't mind comments on old posts. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...