(And East, South, and North as the case may be... ;))
Hey everyone! Just Cordy, here, popping in for a little announcement. That snow represents my life at present...I am at least knee deep in it right now! ;D
Okay, I am rather dissatisfied with my posts as of late. Granted, my time has been limited when it comes to blogging, or internet in general, but nevertheless, I'm not satisfied. My posts simply haven't been up to laughing snuff. Therefore, I have planned a Lord of the Rings Week, because I just want to have some fandom fun. So, what say you to a Lord of the Rings Week? (Hopefully, it will not be as disastrous as my Star Wars Week.)
I hope you're all 'in' because I'm off to finalize some posts for the occasion. Rest assured, I have games of all lengths and sizes that will be open to one and all so you won't just be reading all the randomness of Cordy's Middle Earth thoughts. Now, without further ado...
For Frodo,
Cordy
P.S. Oh, this poor scatterbrained girl, she forgot to mention the date of this themed week:
May 9th-14th
Feel free to grab a button for the occasion...I've never made buttons before--how do they look?
The Epic
![]() |
| I know this moment is from the Hobbit--I just loved it. :D |
The Calm
The Troublemakers




I AM WITH YOU, CORDY! FOR FRODO! :D
ReplyDelete:D :D
DeleteWe say yes! :D And good job on the blog buttons (although how do you expect us to choose just one?!). It is okay if we are more LOTR movie-minded and not so much book-minded, right? :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Thanks! Oh, now that I can't answer. ;)
DeleteBut of course. I will be talking about things from the movies as well as quoting from the books. Who knows, I might just interest you into taking the reading plunge. And it would be a plunge! Haha. The movies are long, but not as long as the books. ;D
Haha! Well, please wait a little bit before you make me read them! I just started reading The Scarlet Pimpernel last night. It would probably work out better if I could finish TSP before starting LOTR. :D And I think I have read/listened to the LOTR trilogy, but it was around the time the movies came out which was some time ago. :)
DeleteOh my! Sorry, I was kidding. I wouldn't want to make you read anything. :/ I wasn't trying to put pressure on you or anything like that. Haha, I was just joking with you. :)
DeleteYou started The Scarlet Pimpernel?! How exciting...*biting fingernails* now I hope you like it. :)
Please don't fret. :D It is good to learn about good books that you haven't read before. And you haven't forced me to read The Scarlet Pimpernel. You have peer pressured me in a good way. :)
DeleteTSP is coming along slowly. Haha! I should probably read it earlier in the day instead of in bed at night. It puts me to sleep. :D But I am liking it.
Oh good...I think? :/ Haha.
DeleteI know! It is REALLY slow at first. So much so that it took me several tries and finally an audiobook to actually get me through it. But once I had read it once, it made for a marvelous reread! With all that said, I won't mind if you give it up if it's to slow. I'm glad you're liking it. :D :D
Yes good. :D
DeleteOh wow! Wouldn't have expected that. :)
This sounds so fun!! I haven't read all the books all the way through, nor the movies, though I have seen tons of movie clips. I can't wait to see if I'm as clueless as I think! :D
ReplyDeleteReally?! Uh-oh! Now I'm worried about spoilers... O_O
Delete"I can't wait to see if I'm as clueless as I think!" Hahaha, I'm sorry, that made me laugh. It looks so sincere. ;D
Don't worry about spoilers, I already have a pretty good grasp of those, due to reading all sorts of LOTR posts on other blogs :/
DeleteOh, yes, that was sincere all right :D
FOR FRODO! YES! :D
ReplyDeleteSounds WONDERFUL! Go for it, Cordy! :D And, goodness! Your blog buttons are AWESOME! Very well done, indeed! Only problem is...I don't know which one to pick. :/
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteOh, haha, you don't actually have to grab a button. I just know that it's 'what's done' when you have a themed week. Since I didn't have time to make them for Star Wars, I thought I would make the time for LotR. (Because Lord of the Rings is better!) :D
It will be interesting to see which of the three turns out to be the favorite. :)
I'm totally in!! I can't decide between the Epic or the Troublemakers!!
ReplyDeleteYes!
DeleteHaha, in a different situation I would say, why choose...but here, I can't say that theory applies. ;P Haha, I don't know how to advise you, Erudessa! :)
I think I'll have to do the Troublemakers. Merry and Pip just win out against everything else!!
DeleteI'll probably participate! And I like the buttons (especially the first one). How does one make a button?
ReplyDeleteWahoo!! :D
DeleteThanks. Well, haha, I know there are ways to make an official button with a grab box underneath it...but I haven't spent that much time on figuring it out. I might eventually but I just haven't had the time.
Now, what I do is find a picture that I like and open it in a photo editing software. I have Photoshop but I also use picmonkey.com. (PicMonkey has both free and payable options and it's pretty simple.) I crop the photo to the desired size, add my text, and save it as an image. I then upload the image to my post and when someone adds the image to their sidebar, there is a location to place a link. They add the link to the desired site and there you have a button.
Phew, did that all make sense? It is really much easier than I just made it sound. ;)
Did that answer your question?
Yay!!!! I LOVE LOTR! I am looking forward to it.:)
ReplyDelete~Rilla Blythe
Terrific, Rilla!
DeleteOhhh, how exciting! I'm unfortunately very busy right now trying to finish up my (LAST) school year, but hopefully I can somehow participate. :) I'll at least put the button up! :D
ReplyDeleteYour last year?! Congratulation!! Good luck!
DeleteYou don't have to worry, there's no pressure about participating. :) I'll have to go and see which button you chose!
Thanks so much!! :D
DeleteGondor will see it done! Adding a blog button to the sidebar on both my blogs. One can never celebrate Middle Earth too often!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I loved your comment, Hamlette! Very clever. :D
DeleteHee. My husband says it a lot, one of his favorite replies when I ask him to do something. That and, "So it shall be written, so it shall be done" from The Ten Commandments...
DeleteHaha, really? That's awesome! :D I should use that sometime and see if my siblings notice. I like quoting movies every chance I get and this line is fabulous for that kind of thing!
Delete"I say yes." ;)
ReplyDeleteFABULOUS idea, Cordy!!
Thanks, Olivia! :D
Delete