I saw this tag on Elanor's blog, which led me to Abby and Molly's blogs, who are the hosts of this party I suppose. As I love Little Women, I couldn't resist filling out their tag. Do jump around the posts I linked to, and have a marvelous time!
Oh, rules, yes I'll get them..
- Link back to the person who tagged you.
- Answer the questions--indeed! :D
- Feel free to add on any questions of your own for the next person, too.
- Tag as many people as you'd like!
![]() |
| I LOVE this picture choice for a button. Brillant! |
Every scene ever. Haha. Okay, that was rather sarcastic and at the same time, not sarcastic at all. Oh, alright, I wish the picnic scene with Laurie's visiting British friends was shown in the movie. I always love the little competition involved in that chapter. :) Also, include more Amy and Laurie scenes, somebody...please! Oh, and I wish there were more focus placed on Meg and John's actual married life, not just the wedding ceremony.
2. If you could change one point of the plot, which would it be?
I don't think I know of anything I'd want to change about it. I rather like it the way it is.
3. In Chapter 13, the March sisters and Laurie talk about "Castles in the Air," basically their unrealistic but lovely hopes and dreams. What is your castle in the air?
Aw man, I'm really bad at answering these deep kinds of questions. I have a hard time talking about my dreams, and I don't know why because it's not like they need to be some big secret, it's just the way I feel. They're my hopes, that shouldn't terrify me...right? Haha.
4. What would you most like to see in a new adaptation of Little Women, whether in book or film?
Um, probably what I said in answering the first question...although, I'm not sure what you mean by new book adaption. In that department, I'd just say, better it not to be attempted!! Don't mess with success, my friends!! :D
5. What is your favorite dress from the movie?
*fit of coughing to avoid the unavoidable* Sooo, about the costuming, *more coughing to stall* I don't like that style of dress. *aherm, recovers and quickly moves on*
6. Which March sister(s) do you relate to the most?
Jo, JO JO! JO!!
7. Do you have a favorite film adaptation of Little Women?
I've yet to see a perfect adaption but I rather like the 1949 version because I love June Allyson.
8. What is your favorite quote from Little Women?(movie quotes count!)
"I want my daughters to be beautiful, accomplished, and good; to be admired, loved, and respected; to have a happy youth, to be well and wisely married, and to lead useful, pleasant lives, with as little care and sorrow to try them as God sees fit to send. To be loved and chosen by a good man is the best and sweetest thing which can happen to a woman; and I sincerely hope my girls may know this beautiful experience." ~Marmee, from Chapter 9
9. Do you have a favorite scene/chapter from Little Women?
Yes, I have a few but I'll just mention one. When Laurie is the one that sends for Marmee and Jo can't help it and "flies" at him. I'm not sure why I like this scene, maybe it's because I love Jo and Laurie as friends rather than a couple. But I've always liked the moment when Laurie was just taking extra care of Jo.
Yes, I have a few but I'll just mention one. When Laurie is the one that sends for Marmee and Jo can't help it and "flies" at him. I'm not sure why I like this scene, maybe it's because I love Jo and Laurie as friends rather than a couple. But I've always liked the moment when Laurie was just taking extra care of Jo.
10. Aside from the March sisters, who is your favorite character from the story?
Grandfather Laurence, or Mr. Laurence as everyone refers to him. He has THE KINDEST heart. Oh and I like Marmee but I hesitate to mention her because I'm not overly fond of the movie versions of her. But I adore the book Marmee.
Thank you for the fun tag, ladies!
Yours truly,
Cordy

I loved reading this tag, Cordy!! I love that quote of Marmee's too. If ever I become a mother, I'd have this as my mantra.
ReplyDeleteCatherine
catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com
Thanks, Catherine. :D
DeleteI'm with you on the mantra. <3
1) Oh, I agree--more Meg and John would be good, too! There is a lot more to them and their relationship in the book, as well as Amy and Laurie.
ReplyDelete3) I completely understand you there! I have the same struggle for some reason.
8) Such a good quote. <3
Loved this, Cordy!
1. We always miss so much of John and Meg, and I always feel like people remember Amy and Laurie more than John and Meg. However, in both cases, give us more! Hahaha.
Delete3. I'm so glad someone understands!
8. :)
Thanks!
I love the picnic scene and the stories from John and Meg's life, especially the ones with the twins.
ReplyDeleteMe too!!
DeleteI love this tag! Little Women is one of my most very favorite books of all time, and I, too, relate to Jo the most!
ReplyDeleteI may have to do this on my own blog...
Thank you for sharing!
xx
Mira
www.steppinginsunshine.blogspot.com
Who can help but love Little Women? I mean, really? You have to love it! :D
DeleteI'm so glad you stole the tag!
Thanks so much for doing the tag, Cordy! I loved reading your answers.
ReplyDeleteOur answer to the first question is almost exactly the same! Although I didn't think of having more emphasis and Meg and John Brooke's married life; that's a good one!
Aww, I love that quote from Marmee!
Oh yes, the scene between Jo and Laurie that you mentioned in #9 is such a sweet one. I think it's a great example of their wonderful friendship. :)
You're right, Mr Laurence is such a great character! I love how kind and caring he is to the March family, especially Beth.
Again, I'm so glad you decided to join in on the fun, Cordy! I really enjoyed this post.
P.S. I think this is the first time I've read your blog! It looks lovely, and I'm excited to have discovered an awesome new blog to read. :D
Thanks for creating such a great tag!! :D
DeleteDon't you love Marmee? <3
I love their friendship! I wish people would understand what a great FRIENDSHIP they have. Hahaha. (My stars people, please understand how cute they are without being a couple. ;))
He's so thoughtful and gentle towards little Beth. He's just a sweetheart.
Thanks for hosting! :D
P.S. Oh, well do enjoy yourself when you're here. <3 I hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by.
I forgot about the picnic scene! That could have made a fun addition to the movie! And I agree with you that Meg dropped out of the picture too much after she got married in the movie! I love the story of all the bad gifts Laurie gives in the book as they set up house, hahaha!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your tag from Molly's link!
Rejoicing in hope,
Bri from forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com
Wouldn't it be terrific? A little fun and games never hurt a movie. :)
DeleteHahaha, I'd forgotten about Laurie's gifts! You're right, they should be included! :D
Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment, Bri.
I hope you have a great weekend!