Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Low Key Blog Party, Anyone?

Howdy! I don't think I've ever started a post with that greeting so, it works. Well, I've had this sort of idea shooting through my mind since last February or thereabouts and this is launch post for the idea. Shall we begin?

I have the worst luck participating in or hosting blog party and events. That being the case, I'm going to be hosting a very low key little party that I've titled the "Lovely Blog Party". "Love" being the keyword... Annnd, wait for it, I'm going to be hosting it for the entire month of February. This timeline isn't supposed to overwhelm anyone! On the contrary, it's actually intended to allow time for those who wish to participate. Hopefully, it gives you a little more time for concocting a post. (And if it doesn't, that's still okay.)

From, "You've Got Mail"

You'll have to let me know what you think in the comments but in the meantime, I'll outline a few rules and my basic intentions for the upcoming month.

Okay, what exactly is this "Lovely Blog Party" supposed to be? A celebration of favorite couples, of course! Some of the most fun I've had while blogging is when I'm more or less gushing about one of my favorite fictional couples. I also love when I can find similar posts written by my fellow blogging friends. Therefore, I invite you all to share your favorite fictional couples with the blogging world as well as explain why you love them. You can write about your favorite scenes involving the two, a post about the stories they're involved in, or simply bullet point your thoughts. These will all be welcome. (*psst* This would be the perfect time to write about a couple you love that simply doesn't get enough love! :D) I will also have at least one tag for you to fill out in case that's the only participation you want to offer.


Though duplication is not forbidden, if you wish to leave a comment revealing your intended post/s, it might mean someone else will cover another couple. (Not that we can really have too many posts concerning Kit and Cinderella. I'm just sayin'. ;)) If you leave a comment, I will list your entry here:

Intended Entries

Laurie and Amy = Cordy @ Any Merry Little Thought
Tom Hamilton and Nancy Carey = Cordy @ Any Merry Little Thought
Colonel Brandon and Marianne = Cordy @ Any Merry Little Thought
Friedrich and Jo = Elanor @ Musings of a Jane Austen Wannabe
Weekly Posts on Favorite Couples = Erudessa @ The Flowering Vales
Amy Dorrit and Arthur Clennam = Miss Woodhouse @ Notes From A Hartfield Girl
Aragorn and Arwen = Miss Woodhouse @ Notes From A Hartfield Girl
Mr. Rochester and Jane Eyre = Miss March @ Sunshiny Corner
Top Ten Couples Post/s = Olivia @ Meanwhile, in Rivendell...
Emma and Mr. Knightley = Elanor @ Musings of a Jane Austen Wannabe
Top Ten Couples Post = Amaris @ The Storybook Journal
Molly and Roger = Rae @ Rae: A Drop of Golden Sun
Top Ten Couples Post/s = Livia Rachelle @ Rose Petals and Faerie Dust
Ten Favorite Romances = Hamlette @ The Edge of the Precipice
Anne and Gilbert = Miss Bennet @ Modern Miss Bennet

From, "The Big Country"

Also if you wish to guest post, as you may not have a blog of your own, leave a comment on this post that gives me your email (that comment will not be published) and I will contact you so we can work something out. :D (KB Schollenberger, are you out there? Your blog disappeared and I haven't heard from you since...)


Oh, and don't forget to grab a button (I tried to cover a few genres! While basically sticking with some of my favorites. Oops.)

Yours truly,
Cordy

P.S. Do you have questions? Did I explain myself very well? I think not so, ask as many questions as you need to try and clarify! :P

P.P.S. Do you have any idea how impossible it is to name an event like this?!

41 comments:

  1. I really like this idea! I mean, any excuse to gush over our favorite ships, right? ;)

    I like that you're doing Laurie & Amy. In fact, I'd like to do a post on Friedrich & Jo. Is that alright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, absolutely! :D

      Perfectly alright! I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

      Delete
    2. I was waiting to see if anyone else would claim it, but since no one has, I'd like to do a post on Knightley and Emma, too, May I take that one?

      Delete
    3. Please do!! :D I was surprised they were left out, to be honest. Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. Okay, I love this idea and I'm soooo down for it. I think I'll do one post per week each post listing seven couples that I love and why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Is that seven couples in all, or seven per posts? That sounds awesome either way. I'll put you down. :)

      Delete
  3. CORDY!!!!!!!!!! I love this idea!!!! I sounds like so much fun!!!!! I will definitely have to participate, but I need to think of some people to gush over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!
      I can't wait to see who you choose.

      Delete
    2. Oh! This is so hard!!! I think I will go with Cinderella & Prince Charming and Ella & Kit. That would be in the same post. :D

      Delete
    3. Cordy, I am so sorry, but I'm going to have to pull out from this blogathon! Things are crazy right now. If I can get myself put together by the end of the month, I might be able to do the post, but right now if anyone else wants to do Ella + Kit, it's fine with me.

      I will still be doing the tag, though. Sorry for any inconvience!

      Delete
    4. No worries, MovieCritic! If anyone knows about life getting too crazy for blogging, it's me! I'm just glad you're not trying to force yourself to get the post done anyway. Let things be crazy and try to find time to enjoy yourself somewhere in the craziness! <3

      I'll watch for your answers! :D

      Delete
  4. Cordy, A Lovely Blog Party sounds like such a lovely idea!! I'd love to be part of it!! :D And it's spread out over a month, Hurray!! You just saved this really slow writer ;)

    Oh but which couples to do... It's so hard to choose!!! Well, put me down for Amy Dorrit and Arthur Clennam, and Aragorn and Arwen please! I'll probably come up with more, but that's all I can think of for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Hahaha, well I try to do my best to save as many people as possible in any way I can. ;)

      Sounds like a promising start to me.

      Delete
  5. Cordy, you explained yourself perfectly! No worries on that score. This is a wonderful idea for a blog party and I'm getting super excited about it!!! :D

    I started working on my post yesterday. Kind of got stuck, but the thoughts have been churning in my head since so I feel fairly certain I'll be able to get it done. In which case I suppose you may now put my name on the list. I shall be writing about Mr. Rochester and Jane Eyre (but of course you already knew that, haha). I also had another idea for a couple pop into my head but...I think that will be biting off more than I can chew so never mind about that. :P

    This is going to be so much fun!!! I can't wait to read everyone else's posts!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I really. :)

      That's alright, I'm still finalizing my posts as well. (And haven't even started others.) I'm supposed to be the hostess and this is the state I'm in. Oh bother. ;) *clapping* I have added you to the list and wish you luck on completing the post. However, you have to tell me which couple you thought of! I know you probably won't get to it because I DON'T want you to stress about it but, you CAN'T just leave me hanging! Hahaha.

      Me too! Me too!!

      Delete
    2. The couple was David Copperfield and Dora Spenlow. I was really impressed with their relationship in a new way the last time I read the book, and I've had plans to write about them ever since but...*cough*...that was almost two years ago now and my memory is consequently a bit rusty as to what my original thoughts were. And as I expected, I didn't find time to refresh my memory this month either. :P

      Delete
    3. Oh my stars, you're kidding me!! I've always been sympathetic towards Agnes and totally ignored Dora because she annoyed me to death!! So, maybe you could make that post for next year because I'd love to read what you had to say. Hahaha.

      Delete
    4. *gasp* You don't like Dora!!!??? We are the opposite! Agnes always annoyed me.

      Delete
    5. Haha! Really? Well, I know what you mean. I always sort of overlooked Dora, too. She just seemed so silly to me, and consequently I considered her and David's marriage to be a bit of a mistake--especially with Agnes in the picture---but I don't know I think differently about it now. I think I'm definitely going to have to write this post now!! But good idea, maybe I'll save it for the next party. That will give me plenty of time to read the book again and gather my thoughts. Haha. ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh, IT IS ON.

    Eeeeeeekkk! Cordy!! I'm so psyched for this. :D And all the buttons are wonderful. <3

    Thanks for hosting this! I'm excited. :D As to what I'll post . . . hmm, I'm thinking probably a new "Top Ten Couples" post (movie and TV series), since the one I did previously is probably rather out-of-date, and maybe something about bookish favorites? Anyway. Either way, I plan to participate. :) And I think it's a fantastic idea to have it the whole month of February! That way people have more of a chance to get something done, like you said. :)

    Oh, and I'm so glad you're doing a post on Laurie and Amy! I feel like a lot of people really hate them and they've never really bothered me, so I'd be glad to read your thoughts. :)

    Again, thanks for hosting!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *two thumbs way, way up*

      Thanks!

      Well, sure. :D Oh, you're very brave--I'm terrible at making "Top Ten" lists so I can't wait to see your post! I'm glad everyone is liking the time frame! I hope this turns out well. :D

      I KNOW! Everyone "hates" on them and I'm just sitting back going "ouch, oooh, eek, easy does it". So I decided that I should give them some love. Hahaha.

      Of course!!

      Delete
    2. Hehehe, yes, it's usually really difficult for me, too, and . . . that's what it's proving to be this time. xD But we'll figure it out! And I think I'll also do a post about my top ten book couples, too. :) (Assuming books are allowed?)

      I thiiiink -- I am not sure, but I think -- that I'll plan to "sandwich" Valentine's Day with these two posts, and then maybe have the tag filled out on Valentine's Day itself? Yes . . . yes, I think that is what I shall plan to do.

      Delete
    3. Oh yes! I tried to make sure I didn't make this movie based. Books are always welcome!! :D *clapping* I'm even more excited now! Haha.

      A Valentine's Day sandwich? Sounds terrific! :D I'll watch for your posts.

      Delete
  7. Oh, and I second that, KB Schollenberger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea!! Choir's started up again and I've found myself with next to no time :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful time with choir! :D
      (Time is such an annoying thing, isn't it?)

      Delete
  9. Hey Cordy! Sorry I'm a bit late.
    Is it ok if I do a post on my personal top 10 favorite couples? I am still getting my thoughts together/deciding who I'm adding to the list, so I might have to do it later in February since I'm also really busy with moving and all. :)
    But I would love to do that post! This looks like so much fun!!!

    -Amaris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Amaris!

      Haha, you're not really late. It is going for the whole month of February, so you're good! :D
      What? You're moving? Is it far, or a small move? Good luck!
      No worries about how long it'll take you to get your post up. I'll add it to the link-up when it appears.
      I'm hoping it will be very fun! :D

      ~Cordy

      Delete
    2. Great thanks! Can't wait to be apart of the fun!
      We're not sure WHERE we're moving yet, right now we're just focusing on getting our house cleaned out and painted and scrubbed... etc. :)
      Thank you for the kind words!
      -Amaris

      Delete
  10. Oh, LOVE it! Can I sign up to do Molly Gibson and Roger? I've been terrible about blogging consistently lately but if I commit then I'll do it. :D
    Love this idea!! I'm excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can, in fact, consider it done. (Because it is done. I added your name and everything. ;))
      I can't wait for your post!

      Delete
  11. I'm late to this, but I think I'd like to do to top (ten, maybe, I'll see what I can come up with) less well known/under-appreciated couples; one for books and one for movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, you're just in time. ;) Those post sound awesome!! I'll add your name to the link list. :D

      Delete
  12. So... I didn't sign up for this before because I'm hosting a blog party right now myself, and just didn't have time to think up any posts for this. Though I might think one up later this month, after this week, we'll see. But today, I realized that my Top Ten Tuesday book post was precisely suited to this party! It's all about my ten favorite romances in classic novels. So I linked it up to your blog party -- is that okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish I was more involved with superheros but I'm not THAT passionate about them. (Only a very select few and I don't really have a rhyme or reason for liking the ones that I do.)

      I think that's great! I'll be sure to add your post to my wrap-up post and I'll have to pop over to see your picks!! :D

      Delete
  13. I think that I will include my Top Ten Tuesday like Hamlette. I did mine on favorite romantic moments here and here is my 10 couples post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there and Anne and Gilbert category? If so, I'd love to do that (realizing fully that we are closing in on the end of the month)
    Lovely blog party,indeed, Cordy!
    Hmmm...just realized that I should include a link to my blog, just in case:
    modernmissbennetblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen anyone cover Anne and Gilbert so I'll add your name to the list if you want to cover them! :D I'm surprised no one claimed them actually. Haha.
      Thanks, Miss Elizabeth!

      Delete
    2. I was surprised no one had claimed Anne and Gil--delighted, but surprised. By the way, I also did a "Top Ten Couples" Post a week or two ago...just thought I ought to let you know :)

      Delete

Tell me whatcha thinkin!

If your comment doesn't appear immediately don't worry! I moderate my comments so check back in a few days and you might find it!

Don't misunderstand my moderating. I am trying to contain and avoid unsavory comments and spammers. This does not include those who disagree with me, only those that are unable to state their disagreement agreeably. I have already said that I would enjoy different opinions.

So please, do comment!

P.S. I don't mind comments on old posts. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...