So here are the rules and answers in that order:
Rule #1: Answer the questions (obviously)
Rule #2: Link back to the person who tagged you
Rule #3: Tag at least one other blogger to do the tag
Well, let me think, I was going to say Bleak House before I remembered I recently rewatched the 1995 Sense and Sensibility. Even though I adore the 2008 version, this edition will always have a place in my heart because of Alan Rickman's Colonel Brandon. He is so incredibly kind and humble that you can't help but love him.
3. What is your favorite musical period drama?
6. Which period drama hero would you be likely to fall in love with in real life?
All of them. Now, this IS a problem. But I am actually going to try and answer this question. It's just going to take me some time because it's apples to oranges in my mind. If you want Mr. Perfect, you have to go with Mr. Knightley, but I think I'd prevent myself from falling for him because his perfection would eventually drive me mad. And if you want a blend of a troublemaker with a good heart you go with Gilbert. But again, I'm not sure----OOOOHHH, I have it. I have my choice! I think I would/could easily fall for John Davinier, from the movie Belle. Yes, that's it. That fits. You can read more of my thoughts on that matter, here.
8. What things go best with watching a period drama?
9. Which period drama do you think you would fit into best?
10. If you could have any period drama character for a best friend, who would it be? And why?
11. Show us a picture of a period drama costume you wish you could wear in real life.
Confession time, period drama costumes don't excite me. But I'll see what I can find. Oh wait, I've got it:
13. Which period drama has your favorite soundtrack?
14. Dream cast your favorite actor and actress in a period drama of your choosing; tell which parts they would play and why.
15. Are there any period dramas you like more than one version of?
16. What are the top three period dramas that you haven't seen on your to-watch list?
17. Show a picture of your favorite period drama hairstyle.
20. Which historical novel will you forever recommend to anyone and everyone?
2. Do you generally prefer period dramas in the form of a movie or a TV series/mini-series? Why?
Depends on the story really. If it needs more time than naturally, a mini-series is the way to go. However when it comes to now finding the time to watch said, mini-series, I will often choose the shorter movie version of one. I'm not sure that's a proper answer or not...
3. What is your favorite musical period drama?
My stars, I'm not even sure I can think of one. Is that like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and the like? I don't think I've seen that many musical period dramas. I am seriously stumped here. Goes to other blogs--okay, I'll side with Miss March and claim Mary Poppins. :D
4. Read the book first or watch the movie first?
That is so hard to say when you're talking about a period drama. Sometimes, if you read the book it will give you a needed reference and other times it's the other way around. For example, I was able to read Pride and Prejudice by the time I was twelve because I was familiar with the language from having watched the movie. But when it comes to a movie based on a Dickens novel, you MUST read the book first. (Unless it's Little Dorrit, that is the one exception that I've made and I'm fine with. I'm not a Little Dorrit person...sorry not sorry.)
5. What is a valuable life lesson you learned from a period drama?
Nothing truly comes to mind right off hand. My humble apologies.
6. Which period drama hero would you be likely to fall in love with in real life?
7. Do you ever like to binge-watch a period drama series?
It drives me crazy when I don't have the time to finish movies!! So I guess so, yes. (And most of the period dramas I love aren't spread through several seasons. They are only a few episodes and you're to the happy conclusion.)
8. What things go best with watching a period drama?
Popcorn, a couch to lounge on, friends and family that "get it".
9. Which period drama do you think you would fit into best?
OOOh, I haven't the foggiest idea in London. Umm. Okay, I'm going to try and conquer this like I did with #6. Later, I'll conquer this later. Later is now, and I still don't have an answer. I may just have to default to the fact that I'm Jo March and say Little Women.
10. If you could have any period drama character for a best friend, who would it be? And why?
I hope this counts but Edmund Pevensie. I think he would prove a valuable friend and he has a good sense of humor.
11. Show us a picture of a period drama costume you wish you could wear in real life.
Confession time, period drama costumes don't excite me. But I'll see what I can find. Oh wait, I've got it:
And I'll hear no argument as to whether it's "period drama" appropriate or not. I've loved that outfit since I was young and it will have to do for my answer. :D
12. Are there any period dramas you like to watch during a particular season or holiday?
Not really, no. Anytime is a good time, right?
13. Which period drama has your favorite soundtrack?
Frustratingly enough, Sense and Sensibility 2008, and North and South. Both of them are unavailable for purchase. Of course they aren't. :P
14. Dream cast your favorite actor and actress in a period drama of your choosing; tell which parts they would play and why.
I'm not sure I can do this because while I have some actors and actresses that I like, I can't see them in a period drama. At least, not convincingly, in my opinion. Let me consider for just a moment more... No, I'm drawing an incredibly dull blank. How disappointing.
15. Are there any period dramas you like more than one version of?
Not especially. I know there is a Pride and Prejudice I prefer above any remakes. *aherm!* But in general, I'm fine with several versions.
16. What are the top three period dramas that you haven't seen on your to-watch list?
I'm not sure I have any candidates. Maybe I need suggestions. I've been rather selective about the period dramas I've watched so chances are if I haven't seen it, there's a reason. I suppose I could say the new Little Women that's coming out, but I'm not holding my breath. I've heard some less than encouraging things about it and I've seen clips that make me squirm with secondary awkwardness. Haha, it looks quite horrible actually. Hahaha.
17. Show a picture of your favorite period drama hairstyle.
Back to the "look" are we? Fine, I'll stretch the rules again:
I've never liked updos on myself, I just don't think they do me justice. ;P That being so, you can imagine my pleasure when Cinderella came to the ball with my kind of hairstyle! :D <<NOT to say that my hair has EVER looked that way, only that it's to my taste for a night out to a ball.
18. What was your favorite wedding in a period drama?
Uh, drawing a blank here. I'm not sure I have a favorite--at least, it can't be much of a favorite because it's not like something instantly sprang to mind. So I'll pass. :)
19. What is your favorite biographical period drama?
It has to be Little Women.
20. Which historical novel will you forever recommend to anyone and everyone?
An Old-Fashioned Girl no hesitation. And I'll tack on The Scarlet Pimpernel.
That was loads of fun!! I hope you all didn't doze off in the middle there, but if you did, welcome back. Well, I can't decide who I want to tag here...I'll go with a few. And just remember, this is totally optional. :)
Cordy tags:
To find the list of questions and find Elanor's original post, click here. By the way, Elanor, did you ever fill out the tag yourself? If not, I tag you too. :D
Yours truly,
Cordy



"...who is a girl whom I should never dare refuse anything." Really? Well, this is nice! I think I shall have some more requests coming your way soon. Haha. (Seriously this made me smile so much!!) (And yes, I recognize the quote! :D)
ReplyDelete3. Copy cat. ;P
6. Okay, I really need to watch Belle sometime. I went back and looked over your former post and AHHHH! It sounds like such a good movie!! (Also I need to see in action what sort of a man Cordy would be willing to marry. Heehee. ;))
8. "...friend and family that 'get it.'" A-huh, a-huh, a-huh.
9. 'The foggiest idea in London" *chuckles* Did you just make that up? Or is that a real expression? Either way, I like it. :) You said Little Women, too!! *high five* Great. Now we can both be there together. How fun is that?! :D
10. Aw, Edmund! Nice choice, Cordy!
16. Oh, do watch it if you get the chance! I want to hear what you think of it after you've seen the whole thing!! ;)
Don't worry. I only dozed a very little bit. Not much. (KIDDING!) This was great fun and I enjoyed reading your answers! Thanks so much for doing it. :)
~Miss March
Hahaha, oh boy. What did I just agree to? ;) I was hoping you'd get the reference!
Delete3. A very guilty one. :D
6. You do!! Haha, although I think you should watch it just to watch it...not to see my "man" in action. I mean, you already chose Gilbert. ;) (I'm kidding.)
8. You really can't do it without them!
9. I did just make that up. But I don't know if it's a phrase that I have in my head from something or if I really made it up. I added the London bit for no reason and I kept it because it worked. Now that would be awesome!!
10. Thanks! :D
16. A friend (that I introduced to "Little Women" *Cordy bows*) and I are going to try and watch it together. But I fear my friends has her hopes up a little too high...
*mercilessly shaking you awake* Thanks for tagging me. I had so much fun with it!!
~Cordy
An Old-Fashioned Girl and The Scarlet Pimpernel, AMEN GIRL!!!!! Definitely good stories to recommend!!
ReplyDeleteLoved your answers!
Right?! You get me, Erudessa!! :D
DeleteYou should totally do this tag! It's so much fun...or have you already done it and I missed it?
1) Bleak House is my favorite Dickens!! And, yeah, I love Alan Rickman's Col. Brandon even if he seemed a little too old, imo.
ReplyDelete6) Mr. Knightley is pretty perfect. You're right there.
8) "Friends and family that 'get it'." So true.
10) Edmund is my favorite! Good choice.
11) Oh, I love Aurora's peasant dress! Never would have thought of it, but it counts. :D
17) Funny, I'm actually more of a fan of updos myself. But I did love Ella's ball hairstyle.
Glad you did the tag, Cordy! Loved reading your answers.
1. MINE TOO!! :D It's funny, depending on the actor I can overlook those kinds of casting mistakes where other times, I will never forgive them! Hahaha. Alan Rickman is one of those actors where I overlook the age thing.
Delete6. Basically. *hopeless shrug*
8. Oh yes! :D
10. I was hoping you'd count that answer. Now I'm in the clear.
11. Another score for Cordy. I didn't know if it was period drama enough but I'm really simple and that's as close as I could get to an outfit I'd like to wear.
17. I think there are some girls that can really pull of the updos...I'm just not one of them. So when I saw another girl went to a ball with her hair down, I was rather pleased.
Thanks for inventing the tag. You did a great job with the questions!!
Loved you answers!! :D
ReplyDeleteOKAY THANK YOU I AM NOT A LITTLE DORRIT PERSON EITHER. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :-P
ReplyDeleteSome of these questions were HARD, am I right?! For some reason I was drawing quite a few blanks, too.
Oooh, The Scarlet Pimpernel! Good one. *nods*
I enjoyed reading your answers! :)
How did I not know this before?! I always feel like I'm betraying my blogging friends when I admit this! But now I know you're there for me Olivia!! :D <3
DeleteYou are SOOO right!
*returns nod vigorously*
Thanks! (And I noticed you filled out the tag therefore, I must go read your answers now!! :D)
Ooh, I agree with so many of these.
ReplyDeleteYes, yes, same, to those first few...
Right?! All the heroes are so lovable. And yes!!! About Mr. Knightley! And Gil! I haven't seen Belle so I don't know about your choice...but based on your answer he seems pretty darn perfect. :D
YES to 7-8...
Sleeping Beauty counts! I adore that outfit.
YES, North and South has SUCH a glorious soundtrack.
An Old-Fashioned Girl is SO AMAZINGLY GOOD. I never tire of it.
Love this!
You should totally do this tag! It's so much fun, Rae!
DeleteIf you ever get a chance to watch "Belle"...hmmm...I'm pretty sure you'd like John.
Me too!! As I said in the post, I've always loved that dress...I think it helps that she goes barefoot as well. :D Haha.
I wish I could get it somehow!!
I don't think it's humanly possible to tire of An Old-Fashioned Girl.
Thank you, Rae!
So many people gave Seven Brides etc for their musical answer! I'm going to have to rewatch that sometime, as I don't remember being incredibly impressed the first time I saw it. :)
ReplyDeleteI find Dickens so hard to READ first, though, because his books are soooo long. :P I have a great stack of his books I got from a library book sale but I still haven't tackled them yet. Someday....
John Davinier. <3
I love that outfit of Aurora's, too. :)
You can get the N&S soundtrack here! https://northandsouth2004.com/soundtrack/ It's free to download. :)
I agree about An Old-Fashioned Girl and The Scarlet Pimpernel. Thank you so much for tagging me, Cordy!! I'm going to do the tag right away; it looks fun. :D
I don't know what I like about it so much. It's just an active story-line with fun music and dancing throughout. Haha, I'm just not sure why I like it so much. *shrugs with a smile*
Delete:D I got into Dickens on a challenge basis, reading my first Dickens, aside from ("A Christmas Carol",) David Copperfield, while I was fourteen. I've never really looked back. BUT I do know what you mean by it being rather long and even sometimes slow. While I can say I like Dickens, I know that his style is not an easy one. (And like I confessed in the post, I have not finished "Little Dorrit". I only watched the movie.)
Yes, he's awesome!
<3 It's very simple, just like me.
I will have to look into that!! Thank you, Natalie!! :D
I loved reading your answers!
Thank you so so much!! I will get to this tomorrow! =D
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete