Game Rules:
Rule #1 Using your blog or the comment section of this post, answer the questions below
Rule #2 Give us more than a line as an answer. Explain your choice!
~Would you rather dance with Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly?~
~Would you rather star opposite Cary Grant or Gregory Peck?~
~Would you rather be serenaded by Howard Keel or Bing Crosby?~
~Would you rather share an airplane ride with Danny Kaye or Donald O'Connor?~
~What classic movie outfit would you steal?~ (No you cannot say all of them! ;))
~Would you rather be cast in a classic noir film or a classic western?~
~Would you rather go on a shopping spree with Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly?~
~Would you rather solve a mystery with William Powell or Myrna Loy?~
~Would you rather imitate Jimmy Stewart's voice in front of Jimmy Stewart, or imitate Maureen O'Hara's "temper" in front of Maureen O'Hara?~
Post links to your answers in the comment section of this post or in the comment section of the party kick-off post! Thanks! :D
Have fun!
Cordy

I would rather:
ReplyDeleteDance with Gene Kelley
Star with Cary Grant
Be serenaded by Bing Crosby
Share an airplane ride with Donald O'Connor
Steal Eliza's white beaded ball gown from My Fair Lady
Star in a screwball comedy as film noirs and westerns both are waaay outside my comfort zone
Go on a shopping spree with Audrey Hepburn
Solve a mystery with William Powell
Imitate Maureen O'Hara's temper
~Would you rather dance with Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly?~
ReplyDeleteGene Kelly
~Would you rather star opposite Cary Grant or Gregory Peck?~
Gregory Peck
~Would you rather be serenaded by Howard Keel or Bing Crosby?~
Howard Keel
~Would you rather share an airplane ride with Danny Kaye or Donald O'Connor?~
Danny Kaye . . . I don't know Donald O'Connor is
~What classic movie outfit would you steal?~ (No you cannot say all of them! ;))
That's hard. It's hard to find good photos, plus I usually don't want things exactly as I see them. I'm really liking 302-40s draping evening gowns like Myrna Loy wears in the Thin Man Mysteries and the ruffled dress Katherine Hepburn wears in Bringing Up Baby
~Would you rather be cast in a classic noir film or a classic western?~
Classic noir
~Would you rather go on a shopping spree with Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly?~
Audrey Hepburn
~Would you rather solve a mystery with William Powell or Myrna Loy?~
William Powell, but I would far rather prefer watching them together.
~Would you rather imitate Jimmy Stewart's voice in front of Jimmy Stewart, or imitate Maureen O'Hara's "temper" in front of Maureen O'Hara?~
Um, neither?
I answered these in this post :-) All the questions were such fun!
ReplyDelete#1 - Astaire or Kelly? that is a totally unfair comparison because of how different they are but if I have to choose, I would choose Astaire because he just seems to make his partner feels more at ease, well, I guess it's mostly because I have only saw Kelly in two movies while I saw a lot of Astaire's movies
ReplyDelete#2 - cary grant because he just seems funnier to me
#3 - I honestly do not know who howard keel is so bing crosby then.
#4 - not sure as I don't know donald o'connor. I sense a theme here.
#5 - any one of Audrey Hepburns outfit in any of her movies, maybe that roman holiday outfit with the white shirt and blue skirt.
#6 - neither. I don't really like westerns or noir films
#7 - Audrey Hepburn because I think she would make you feel more at ease, unlike Grace Kelly with whom I would feel some awkwardness because she just seems like someone you can't get close to
#8 - do I have to choose? I think I would like to solve any mystery with both Powell and Loy, preferably as their thin man characters
#9 - neither. I don't like to imitate voices.
have a lovely day.
1) Fred Astaire. Definitely.
ReplyDelete2) Ooh...that's tough. I'll say Gregory Peck (though I do like Cary Grant).
3) No preference, really. If I have to choose, I'd probably say Bing Crosby.
4) Oh, I'd definitely steal that gorgeous white gown Audrey Hepburn wears in Sabrina when David invites her to their party, you know? I've loved that dress for so long!
5) Noir? I guess. I'm not a fan of Westerns, to be honest.
6) Audrey Hepburn! But I do admire Grace Kelly's style as well. I wish I could go shopping with both of them, haha! ;)
7) Well, I've actually never seen a movie with either. So I can't really say.
8) Oh goodness! Maureen O'Hara's temper, I'll say. I could never do Jimmy's voice justice!
This was fun!
ReplyDeletehttps://classicsandcraziness.wordpress.com/2018/08/13/would-you-rather-classic-movie-edition/
Here's Katherine and my answers, better late than never!
ReplyDeletehttps://maidensofgreengables.blogspot.com/2018/08/would-you-rather-classic-movie-edition.html