Well, friends, it's my birthday month! So to 'celebrate' I've created this tag that is just a combinations of list that will give you some idea of the things we bloggers grew up with. Not everything mentioned will be favorites, but they were around when bloggers were growing up. (Okay, personally, most of my answers will be favorites.) Now, without further ado:
Tag Rules:
Use the tag picture (optional)
Answer the questions
Tag (at least) two other bloggers
Simple...right?
Book Characters I Grew Up With:
(List as many as you want!)
Jack and Annie
(From the Magic Tree House Series, but I don't know if I "grew" with them, because I don't remember them aging...hmmm ;))
Sam
(From Phantom Stallion Series)
Harry, Hermione, and Ron
(Harry Potter Series, literally, grew up with them. I had to wait until the books were written to read them.)
The Moffats
(From the Books by Eleanor Estes)
Lily, Rosie, and Tess
(From the Cobblestreet Cousins Series)
Will & Company
(From the Ranger's Apprentice)
Anne Shirley and Diana Barry
(Anne of Green Gables Series)
The Members of the Mother-Daughter Book Club
(From the Mother-Daughter Book Club Series, sadly, I have the last book here on my desk.)
Family Food I Grew Up With:
(at last three things, can be seasonal and not always 'favorites' ;D)
Christmas puffballs!
(Taught to me by my great-grandma. Puffed rice with caramel to create scrumptious balls. The problem, the recipe is rather a verbal one. Some of this, some of that, eyeball this.)
Roast and Veggies on Sundays
(at my grandparent's house)
Peanut Butter Fudge
(Made around Christmastime--stinks up the whole house!! :P Hehehe)
Fruit Pizza!
(delicious stuff, made with a sweet 'crust' and some kind of 'sauce' and then lots of seasonal fruits! Yes, you should all be very jealous! ;D :D )
TV Shows I Grew Up With:
(you can do what you want with this category, but I'm going for what I watched when I was pretty young.)
For the record:
Recognize any of these? I also visited a very friendly neighborhood. :)
Careers I Wanted While I Was Growing Up:
(not listed in order)
A nurse
A flower girl
(FYI, I explained this as being someone who walked around and gave people flowers to make them happy)
A Mom
An actress
(usually when watching some kind of gorgeous ball scene.)
A veterinarian
(I just wanted to work with animals!)
Photographer
Child-life Specialist
Hobbies or Lessons I Grew Up With:
(again, not in order)
Rollerblading
Gymnastics (twice)
Gardening Class
Front Yard Soccer (the only way to play, naturally ;))
Calligraphy Class
Swimming Lessons (YMCA)
Mowing the lawn
Several Art Classes
Spanish (still can't speak it)
Photography
Piano (attempted many times)
Basketball, Softball and Volleyball (all for church, not for a competitive team)
Now, I know that I'm still growing, so, I assume my readers are as well. Hehe. I've tried to leave the rules open and the tag adaptable for your personal preferences and place in life.
I tag:
Rosie McCann
**Honorary Mention, Miss March (as you are taking a blogging break, I excuse you but want you to know that I would have tagged you. ;))**
And here are the questions for your copying ease:
Book Characters I Grew Up With:
(List as many as you want!)
Family Food I Grew Up With:
(At least three things, can be seasonal, and not always 'favorites'.)
TV Shows I Grew Up With:
Careers I Wanted While I Was Growing Up:
Hobbies or Lessons I Grew Up With:
I'll be watching for your answers!!
Yours truly,
Cordy



Thank you so much for tagging me!! I've been slack about posting . . . but I'll do this tag soon!
ReplyDeleteSure!
DeleteMADELINE!
ReplyDeleteINDEED! It played early on Saturday mornings!
DeleteHappy birth month! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for tagging me! I will do this soon. It looks fun!
Thanks, Rae!
DeleteI'll be looking for it!
This looks SO FUN!
ReplyDeleteBook Characters I Grew Up With:
(List as many as you want!)
Jack and Annie (Magic Treehouse)
Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose (A to Z mystery series)
The Aldens (The Boxcar Children Series)
The Moffats and the Pyes (Eleanor Estes books)
The Ingalls family (Little House series)
The Narnia children (C.S. Lewis)
Frank and Joe Hardy (The Hardy Boys Mysteries)
Family Food I Grew Up With:
(At least three things, can be seasonal, and not always 'favorites'.)
Oatmeal for breakfast. Always.
Bologna sandwiches with ketchup
Homemade pizza, bread, rolls, cake, etc.
Tortillas and beans
Lentil soup, pea soup, all sorts of soup
Hot dogs 'n' beans
TV Shows I Grew Up With:
Barney
Magic School Bus
Sesame Street
Hard Hat Harry
Reading Rainbow
Careers I Wanted While I Was Growing Up:
Artist
Musician
Baker
Restaurant owner
Waitress
Mother
Hobbies or Lessons I Grew Up With:
Spanish
French
Gardening
Flute lessons (several years)
Art classes
OH MY STARS! I totally forgot about the A to Z Mysteries! Ha!
DeleteUgh, bologna. :P Hehehe.
Can you speak French and Spanish?
Thanks, Rosie!
Happy Birthday!
ReplyDelete:D Thanks, Erudessa!
DeleteWow, yeah all those 90's/early '00's shows! I recognize almost all. Liberty Kids was truly well-done I think. Rollerblading, another big nineties thing . . . extra bonus, the lovely helmets Mom made us wear. We took swimming lessons every year at state park . . . swimming is nearly, if not as, essential as literacy imho.
ReplyDeleteYup, I'm pretty 90's. Haha. I agree, Liberty's Kids is great.
Delete"swimming is nearly, if not as, essential as literacy imho." Haha, really? Are you all competitive swimmers?
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D We share the summer season for our birthdays, though not the same month. :)
ReplyDeleteThe verbal recipe - haha! Aren't all recipes guesstimated ingredients? :D
Do you not like the smell of peanut butter, or is it a different aroma in the fudge that you dislike?
Zoboomafoo! :D I think the two main guys on that show still do a show called "Wild Kratts."
Would you be mine, could you be mine, won't you be my neighbor? :)
How have your career dreams changed (besides loving to write now :) )?
We did back yard soccer. :D Front yard kickball. Side yard football. It helps to live on a large piece of land. :)
I've started a draft of my tag answers post, but it may take some time. Like Pooh Bear, "think, think, think." :D
It's up! Thanks again for the tag, Cordy! :D https://asmidgeonofsunshine.wordpress.com/2016/08/17/and-another-tag/
DeleteThanks, Kerry!! Does that mean your birthday is coming up or already come and gone? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, either way!
Delete:)
I hate everything peanut butter, taste, texture, and the smell is the worst!! :P
They do, but it's randomly animated. :( At least it was when I last looked into it. I'm wondering if Zoboomafoo triggered the love of animals that I have now.
Indeed! I loved him!
Well, for the longest time I thought I was going to pursue photography. But things just weren't going in that direction and eventually my mom actually reminded me of my writing. I'll admit, I actually fought the idea because I was like, writing? Me? I'm not that good, it can never happen. But here I am, pursuing my writing outside of school. O_O What happened here?! Haha.
I miss the large yard we used to have. Yours sounds perfect!
Haha, I'll be over to check them out!
It already came and went. :) Thanks! :D
DeleteHaha! I like peanut butter, but it very much depends on the brand. Skippy natural creamy is delicious. Well, if you like peanut butter. ;)
Moms are good at figuring out what their children are good at and encouraging them to pursue their talents, aren't they? If you ever decide to share your stories, let me know. :)
Haha, moms are good that way. :D I will keep you in mind!
DeleteWow! How did you find that picture? That is my reaction to Disney Channel today exactaly!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I found it on Pinterest. It's the perfect place to find those sorts of pictures. :)
DeleteThis is such a great idea, Cordy! And thank you so much for tagging me. :) I will try to do this post soon; it looks so fun.
ReplyDeleteYay! I'll watch for it. (But no pressure. Haha, really.)
Delete